Sunday, November 7, 2010

Desperation

A few days ago I was working on some music/lyrics and and the verse from Psalms in which David says, "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me" came to mind. Particularly the part when David asks for the restoring of joy that comes with salvation.

It is SO important that the joy of salvation is restored to us. It's living that first moment over again where you have found Jesus and everything in this world has grown dim compared to the desire to know Him.
It's having your cares stripped away and replaced with peace.

Knowing Jesus isn't boring.
Nor is it just law and religion.

In Psalm 16:11 it says, "You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever."

In HIS presence, there is FULLNESS OF JOY. :)
In HIS right hand, there are PLEASURES FOREVER!

So back to the first paragraph, I was just hit with the fact that we (I) need to start back at that first place....desiring a clean heart, a right spirit and the joy of salvation. Coming to the place of repentance and humility.
It's going back to square one.

In Psalms 42:1-2 it says, "As the deer pants for streams of water,so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.When can I go and meet with God?"

This verse is where I am at right now in my life.
I am on the verge of breaking, I am tired, I am desperate. My soul thirsts for the living God.
WHEN can I got and meet with God! :)

XOxo

No comments:

Post a Comment