Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Years!

I read one quote yesterday, in which it said "may your troubles be as few as the resolutions that you keep". :)

Resolutions can be good. You vow to be a better person, or eat healthier, or become a harder worker. It's a great thing to strive to improve. Where we have messed up, is defining what success is.
Each of us has had this experience: make a vow, broke the vow and gave up.  We define success of the resolution by believing that we are able to keep it without stumbling. Should we fall, then we need to wait until the following year to make a fresh start.

If you look at pretty much any example, you will find success is gained through experience. Experience can be defined by the up's and down's, the hills and valleys, the wisdom to get up again after falling. It's embracing imperfection and weakness, and allowing God to be your strength. For God to strengthen your knees as you slowly pick yourself up from the place you fell. It's really beautiful.

I have the same resolutions as most people. Eat better, exercise more, etc. But I would like to add a few more:
  1. Seek God in the morning. Waking up 15-30 minutes earlier to have some time reading the living word of God.
  2. Hand-write letter's and cards to send to friends/family - not allowing Facebook to be my first resort to write "Happy Birthday" when I was only reminded by the little birthday reminder box on the top right hand side.
  3. Continue to hand-write in my journal. I have a horrible habit of creating new journals and then leaving them half finished while I start a new one. So far I am using the same one since July 2010...amazing!
  4.  Make more time for ME. I often try to bend and twist myself so I can make time for everyone else - therefore, neglecting myself mind, body and spirit. This year will be different!!!
  5.  Gain back passion for my job - no matter the circumstances.
  6.  Be a strong woman, wife, daughter and sister.  Being confident in who I am, what I believe and what I stand for. Walking with authority and favour. Knowing priorities, goals and seeing the prize beyond the challenge. Not being walked on, but still having grace for others.
  7. Read more books!  
That's what I have so far, although I am sure there are many more floating around in my brain. I know that I will mess up and fail, but I will vow to get back up again and continue in that way!

2010 was a good year overall - with some challenges along the way. In experience, I have gained wisdom and I look forwarding to 2011 being an even better year!

More challenges, more blessings - more experience!

I'll leave you with these:





"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8

So do not fear, for I am with you... I will strengthen you and help you. Isaiah 41:10

In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37

God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Your Kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Matthew 5:10    

Nay XxOo 

No comments:

Post a Comment