Saturday, January 8, 2011

Every Captive Free

Every Captive Free
By Matt Gilman

The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me
Because He has anointed Me to preach good news
To take away all of Your sorrow and Your mourning
To give the oil of joy and a garment of praise
I have seen you in your captivity
And I will open up every prison door 
So arise and shine for your light has come
My glory is rising upon you
I am dancing over you
I am singing over you
Songs of deliverance
And I will set every captive free
And you will be with Me 
You are mine

I've carried the weight of your iniquity
I've carried the burden of your shame
I've called you by name, I've called you by name
You are mine


If you get a moment, try to listen to this song! You can buy it from Itunes for $0.99 or else look it up on Youtube. I think the Itunes version is way better quality though...


The song lyrics are really powerful, and really reaches to people in so many levels. He wrote it with the slaves of the sex trade in mind, but as he would sing it, people would tell him how much it meant to them and how it helped them through their trials. 


That's the power of Jesus.
No matter who you are, or where you are, or what your going through - his love reaches you. 
:) 


XxOo
Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment