Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Crazy Heart

I MEANT TO POST THIS YESTERDAY - Jan 5th 2010! 
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Bran and I watched part of “Crazy Heart” last night. It was my second time around and yet again I was fascinated by such a rugged, alcoholic, country singer. At 57, his glory days have ended. He is playing shows in bowling alleys and driving a truck that has seen better days. A few marriages later and failed tries to mend a broken relationship with his son, he discovers that finding grace doesn’t necessarily mean a restoration in relationships and circumstances. It’s humbling to realize that even after you have apologized and tried to change your life around, that others may be too hurt to accept you, but you must accept yourself anyways and walk in grace anyways. Accept the consequences of the past, but believe there’s much to look forward to in the future.

Not being much of a country fan (OK, I resent country music), I was hesitant to watch it but I absolutely recommend this to anyone!

We have had an enormous dump of snow today!  They were calling for a large snowstorm on the coast and that eventually it would turn our way at some point, but I didn’t realize it would snow ALL day. It would have been much appreciated had it come on Christmas day! Christmas day was warm, +9 degrees in the sun. We walked to Denny’s not needing our winter jackets….it was really bizarre. Gave you a small taste of what it may be like to live somewhere warm like Vegas or Florida on a Christmas day….just missing palm trees! My favorite….

So back to New Years resolutions. Today was my first day back on the job and I tried my hardest to give it a 110% effort despite my feelings toward it.  I suppose it wasn’t too bad.  I just have to keep using my “flashlight” and shine it down the hall so I can get a glimmer of hope – that was all figurative of course.  I could still work on my poor attitude, but that will come in time. Aside to that, I would also love to see things change for the better yet!  I know that would help my feelings of unsatisfaction.  Or maybe I am just never satisfied. Who knows. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment