Monday, February 7, 2011

Dooo It!

Hello Oh Neglected Blog.

I feel like I have not been consistently writing on here.
I know, not like I have to!
No contracts signed, no fan base to wait outside my house, no money made.
But yet I feel a weird slight obligation to write here on a consistent basis. Selfishly, it is fun to look back a day, a month or year ago and see what life was like. The struggles, the prizes, the desires, and the blessings. Fun to see which mountains you scaled, and which insignificant thoughts may have circulated the brain.

So, I have a new role model - for lack of a better, more mature title.
Chris Tomlin.

If you dont know who this guy is, he is a worship leader, most recognized for being associated with the Passion movement with Charlie Hall, Matt Redmond etc.
Heard the song "Forever?" Then you know him!

He is a great singer, great musician.
But what I look up to him for is his ability to pump out new worship music ALL the time. The guy never stops writing lyrics/music - and it's GOOD, anointed, awesome music.

Who has seen South Park with their "Faith Plus One" band taking secular songs and turning them into christian tunes? Pretty darn funny episode. Let's be real here - alot of music sounds like that!   

But Chris is pumping out music that sounds fantastic, catchy, and most of all genuine. The lyrics are poetic and beautiful - provoking a sense of awe and intimacy with God.
God has blessed him with that big time!!!

So as a worship leader and "growing" song writer (tons of songs written - only 3 introduced to the church so far - haha!...im getting better at not being so self conscious) I look to Chris as a source of inspiration. Not a source of inspiration for writing material, Jesus should be our source. But I look to him as someone who has been gifted, and I think we could learn alot from him.

What I always come to eventually is: JUST DO IT.

Stop thinking it over.
Dont procrastinate.
If God has given you something, DO IT and USE IT! :)

So, I had no intention of writing this just now but I was playing "Jesus Messiah" by Chris Tomlin on YouTube adn this is what bounced into my brain.

So, my much neglected blog, there is hope - I shall be back soon!

XxOo
Nay

No comments:

Post a Comment