Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Eat. Pray. Love.

Well, I saw "Eat.Pray.Love" at the theatre Sunday night with Natashaw. What an excellent movie!

I have to admit I nearly brushed it off because Oprah had totally gone wild over the book. Knowing Oprah, the book was some sort of self help, new age, spiritual book....

Then I saw the preview and it really stirred something within me. I dont know if it was Julia Robert's endearing laugh and smile, or just the storyline about a woman in search for something MORE in life.
It was both. ;)

I often feel like I am caught in the rat race of life. We are all thrown titles; each title coming with obligations and responsibilities. It's so easy to take on that title, and then suffocate because the passion of life has been sucked dry out of you.

Anyways, this movie about Elizabeth Gilbert (the author) was extraordinary. One woman's search for peace and wholeness, purpose and passion, forgiveness and healing --> VERY inspiring.

It's hard to return to the day-to-day life after watching it!

But I pray that God would open doors in my life for incredible opportunities. I don't want to live a dull, auto-piloted life. :)

Speaking of which, I saw GAGA last Tuesday night (Aug 24,2010) and the concert was FREAKING INSPIRING!! Amazing. Mind blowing. Details to come soon!

Mwah!
-Danae

No comments:

Post a Comment